A healthier version of the take-out favorite.
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, divided
2 carrots, peeled and julienned (1-inch-thin strips)
1 cup snow peas, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 ½-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
2 cups cooked jasmine rice, chilled
1 large egg, lightly beaten
½ teaspoon rice vinegar
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1 teaspoon fish sauce
1½ teaspoons soy sauce, reduced sodium
¼ cup thinly sliced scallions pinch sea or kosher salt
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
Nutritional information per serving (based on 4 servings):
Calories: 249 (23% from fat) • carb. 43g • pro. 5g
• fat 6g • sat. fat 3g • chol. 54mg • sod. 214mg
• calc. 38mg • fiber 2g
1. Fit the Cuisinart® Oven Central® with baking pan if desired. Preheat to 350ºF with the top element off.
2. Once pan is hot, add 1 teaspoon of butter, swirling to cover the cooking surface evenly. Add carrots, snow peas, garlic and ginger. Sauté until bright and still crisp, about 11/2 to 2 minutes. Carefully remove and reserve.
3. Add the remaining 2 teaspoons of butter. Once melted, add the rice; stir-fry, allowing rice to sit about 45 seconds between stirs, until rice has just browned, about 3 to 5 minutes.
4. Push rice to one side of the pan. Add egg and let it cover half of the pan, being sure not to let it touch the rice. Cook egg, breaking up with a spatula while cooking. Once egg has cooked, mix with rice.
5. Turn off heat; stir in reserved vegetables and the remaining ingredients. Taste and adjust seasoning accordingly.