Grilled Baby Bok ChoyCuisinart Original Recipe
This delicious dish pairs well with the Sushi Rice Cakes."
½ jalapeño, seeded
1 half-inch piece of ginger, peeled
3 tablespoons ketchup
1½ tablespoons fish sauce
½ tablespoon soy sauce
½ tablespoon brown sugar
½ tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
8 to 12 ounces baby bok choy, cut in half vertically and rinsed well, then cut into 3 to 4 pieces vertically (so the core keeps the bok choy together)
1. Prepare the marinade first by putting the jalapeño and ginger into the work bowl of the Cuisinart® Mini Prep Food Processor. Pulse to finely chop. Add ketchup, fish sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, lime juice and oil and pulse so that all ingredients are combined.
2. Pour marinade over bok choy and stir to mix. Let bok choy marinate for about 10 minutes.
3. While bok choy is marinating preheat the Cuisinart® Compact Grill Centro, fitted with the Grill plate, to Medium.
4. After the 10 minutes has elapsed, place the bok choy on the grill cut side down. Grill 10 to 12 minutes per side, until grill marks are visible and bok choy is cooked through.
5. Pour any remaining marinade over grilled bok choy and serve.
ServingsServes 2 to 3
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories 54 (26% from fat) • carb. 10g • pro. 1g • fat 2g • sat. fat 0g
• chol. 0mg • sod. 965mg • calc. 76mg • fiber 1g
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!