Garlic BreadCuisinart Original Recipe
The garlic butter creates a very rich and decadent bread –
ideal for pasta night."
6 garlic cloves
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
pinch freshly ground black pepper
1 ciabatta loaf (12 inches in length), halved horizontally
1 to 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
1. Line the baking pan with foil or parchment paper, reserve.
2. Put the garlic in the work bowl of a Cuisinart® Food Processor or mini chopper fitted with the metal chopping blade. Process until finely chopped. Scrape down and add the butter, salt and pepper. Process, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed, until completely combined.
3. Spread the garlic butter on top of each halved piece of the ciabatta. Top with the Parmesan.
4. Place the bread, buttered side up, on the prepared tray. Put bread into oven with the rack in the upper position. Set to Broil for 6 to 8 minutes, or until nicely golden on top. Allow to cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
ServingsMakes 12 servings
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 170 (47% from fat) • carb. 18g • pro. 4g • fat 9g • sat. fat 5g
• chol. 21mg • sod. 221mg • calc. 10mg • fiber 1g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products:
TOB-135 Deluxe Convection Toaster Oven Broiler
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!