Twice-Baked PotatoesCuisinart Original Recipe
Here we give you the groundwork for the classic twice-baked potato, but you can top them with just about anything from shredded cheese and chopped broccoli to salsa and sliced avocado."
6 medium russet potatoes, scrubbed
1 tablespoon olive oil
¼ cup whole milk
½ stick (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter
¼ cup crème fraîche
¾ teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
1. Preheat oven on Convection Bake at 400°F with the rack in the upper position.
2. With the tines of a fork, evenly prick each potato 6 to 8 times. Divide the oil evenly over the potatoes and rub into the skins. Place potatoes directly on the rack and bake for 40 to 45 minutes until cooked through. Remove and set aside until potatoes are cool enough to handle. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F and move the rack to the middle flipped position. Line the baking pan with foil and set aside.
3. Slice off the top quarter of each potato and scoop out the cooked flesh into a large bowl, leaving an 1⁄8-inch-thick border of shell.
4. To the potato flesh, add the milk and butter. Using a potato masher, mix together until smooth. Add the crème fraîche, salt, pepper and chives. Continue to mash until completely combined. Divide the potato mixture evenly to fill all the shells.
5. Arrange the potatoes on the prepared tray and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until potatoes are warmed throughout and golden on top.
Note: Potatoes may be prepared a day ahead through step 4. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before baking.
ServingsMakes 6 servings
Nutritional information per potato:
Calories 278 (38% from fat) • carb. 38g • pro. 5g • fat 12g • sat. fat 7g
• chol. 28mg • sod. 306mg • calc. 46mg • fiber 5g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products:
TOB-135 Deluxe Convection Toaster Oven Broiler
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!