Makes one 12-inch pizza
1 ounce Parmesan cheese, cut into ½-inch pieces
8 ounces mozzarella, well chilled
3 garlic cloves
2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
8 cups packed, fresh spinach, washed and dried
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
6 ounces fresh, Italian sweet sausage, casings removed
½ recipe of *Pizza Dough*
½ cup *Pizza Sauce*
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 273 (39% from fat) • carb. 27g • pro. 15g • fat 12g • sat. fat 6g • Col. 29mg • sod. 689mg • calc. 230mg • fiber 2g
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F for at least 30 minutes.
2. Insert the Metal Chopping Blade. Add ounce of Parmesan, cut into ½-inch pieces, to the work bowl. Secure the Food Processor Lid.
3. The processor is set to grate for 40 seconds on Speed 1.
4. Replace the Metal Chopping Blade with the Shredding Disc Assembly adjusted to coarse shred. Secure the Food Processor Lid.
5. Shred 8 ounces of well-chilled mozzarella on Speed 12.
6. Remove and reserve the cheese.Wipe out work bowl. Insert Metal Chopping Blade and add 3 garlic cloves Secure the Cooking Lid.
7. The processor is set to chop for 10 seconds on Speed 12.
8. Scrape the work bowl and add one teaspoon of olive oil. Secure the Cooking Lid.
9. The cooking time is set for 6 minutes at 250°F on Speed 2
10. Add 8 cups packed, fresh spinach with ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper.
11. The cooking time is set for an additional 5 minutes at 275°F on Speed 2.
12. The spinach should be wilted. Remove and reserve separately from the cheese.
13. Add remaining teaspoon of oil to the work bowl with 6 ounces of fresh Italian sausage with the casings removed. Secure the Cooking Lid.
14. The cooking time is set for 10 minutes at 285°F on Speed 2.
15. Roll out *Pizza Dough* into a 12-inch circle.
16. Place on a perforated pizza pan or a greased pizza screen or baking sheet (if using a baking stone, prepare on a pizza peel or baking sheet without sides that has been well sprinkled with cornmeal).
17. Add ½ cup pizza sauce in the center, leaving a 1-inch border. Add the reserved spinach and cooked sausage evenly over the sauce.
18. Scatter the reserved cheeses evenly over toppings.
19. Bake in preheated oven until crust is golden and crispy and cheese is melted, about 10 to 15 minutes. Rotate pizza halfway through cook time for even baking.