There are many versions of this recipe, but our take is pretty close to the classic. If you’d prefer not to use raw egg yolks, egg substitute can easily be used.
- 2 small garlic cloves, peeled
- 6 anchovy fillets
- 2 large egg yolks*
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
Nutritional information per serving (1 tablespoon dressing): Calories 91 (95% from fat) | carb. 1g | pro. 1g | fat 10g sat. fat 2g | chol. 24mg | sod. 68mg | calc. 4mg | fiber 0g
- Insert the chopping blade into the work bowl of the food processor. With the machine running, drop the garlic through the feed tube and process until finely chopped. Add the anchovies, egg yolks, mustard, lemon juice, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and pepper to the work bowl. Process until well blended.
- With the machine running, slowly pour olive oil through the feed tube in a steady stream until the dressing is emulsified, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
*Raw Egg Warning: Caution is suggested in consuming raw and lightly cooked eggs due to the slight risk of salmonella or other food-borne illnesses. To reduce this risk, we recommend you use only fresh, properly refrigerated, clean grade A or AA eggs with intact shells. Avoid contact between the yolks or whites and the shell.
TIP: For the perfect accompanying Caesar Salad, we love to make elegant Parmesan crisps. The shredding disc makes it easy. Shred about 2 ounces of Parmesan, and then portion out by the tablespoon 2 inches apart, on to a baking pan lined with a nonstick baking sheet (such as the Silpat brand). Bake in a 400°F oven for about 8 minutes, or until melted and slightly golden. Allow to cool on the sheet for a few minutes. While crisps are baking, toss together 4 to 6 cups of torn or shredded romaine lettuce, 2 cups of garlicky croutons, a bit of dressing and then top each portion with a Parmesan crisp. 2 ounces of cheese will make 8 crisps. This will definitely impress your guests!
See more recipes on
Download it Today!
You might need