Pesto - For Stick BlenderCuisinart Original Recipe
This is a traditional basil pesto but experiment with other herbs like parsley and cilantro and nuts like walnuts."
1½ ounces Reggiano Parmigiano, cut into ½-inch cubes
1∕3 cup toasted pine nuts (may substitute another nut like wal nuts if not available)
2 garlic cloves
½ to ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
1½ cups packed fresh basil leaves
1∕3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1. Insert the chopping blade into the work bowl. Add the cheese to bowl and pulse about 5 times to break up, and then process until finely ground, about 15 to 20 seconds. Remove and reserve.
2. Add nuts to the work bowl. Pulse about 8 times until chopped; remove and reserve with the cheese.
3. Add the garlic and salt to the work bowl; process for 5 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the basil and half of the olive oil. Pulse about 10 to 12 times for 10 to 15 seconds; scrape bowl. With the motor running, add the remaining oil slowly through the feed tube in a steady stream until blended. Add the reserved cheese and nuts and process for 10 to 15 seconds to fully blend.
4. Transfer pesto to an airtight container. Pesto will keep in the refrigerator for up to a week, or it may be frozen.
ServingsMakes about ¾ cup
Nutritional information per serving (2 tablespoons):
Calories 144 (88% from fat) • carb. 2g • pro. 3g • fat 15g • sat. fat 3g
• chol. 5mg • sod. 282mg • calc. 73mg • fiber 1g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products:
Smart Stick PLUS® Cordless Rechargeable Hand Blender
Smart Stick® PowerTrio™ High-Torque Hand Blender
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!