Use this sauce for vegetables or meats, or try our creamy variation to use as a dip for fresh vegetable crudités or pita chips.
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 strips lemon zest (1 x ½ inches), white pith removed
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1½ teaspoons herbes de Provence
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons regular or white balsamic vinegar
- ¹⁄³ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 jars (12 ounces each) roasted red peppers, drained but not rinsed
Nutritional information per serving (2 tablespoons): Calories 21 (40% from fat) • carb. 3g • pro. 1g • fat 1g • sat. fat 0g • chol. 0mg • sod. 1092mg • calc. 28mg • fiber 1g
- Add the garlic, zest, salt, and herbes to the work bowl; chop for 5 to 10 seconds. Scrape the bottom and sides of the work bowl. Add the lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil and peppers. Pulse on Chop, 10 times, then process for 15 to 20 seconds until smooth. Transfer to a re-sealable container and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to blend. The sauce will keep up to 1 week refrigerated. Roasted Red Pepper Dip Variation: Make half the recipe. Add 2 ounces of regular or lowfat cream cheese and ¼ cup of sour cream or plain yogurt that has been drained; chop for 10 to 15 seconds until homogenous.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!