This classic sauce pairs well with our regular or whole-
½ cup olive oil
2 medium garlic cloves, smashed
1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
½ teaspoon kosher salt
10 fresh basil leaves
Nutritional analysis per serving (½ cup): Calories 224 (75% from fat)
- carb. 11g • pro. 4g • fat 20g
- sat. fat 4g • chol. 5mg • sod. 305mg
- calc. 64mg • fiber 2g
- In a large saucepan, heat oil and garlic over medium-high heat until garlic is softened and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Add the crushed tomatoes, reduce the heat and cook at a low simmer until slightly reduced and thickened, about 15 minutes.
- When the sauce is reduced, stir in the Parmesan cheese, salt and basil and cook for an additional minute.
- For a richer-tasting pasta, add the cooked and drained pasta to the pan with the sauce and cook for 1 minute. Serve im- mediately.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!