Serve this sauce over chicken, pork or fish,
or as an alternative to pasta sauce.
3 red bell peppers
2 garlic cloves, unpeeled
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
¼ cup chicken broth, low sodium (use more for a thinner sauce)
½ teaspoon kosher salt
Nutritional information per serving (½ cup):
Calories 41 (8% from fat) • carb. 8g • pro. 2g • fat 0g
• sat. fat 0g • chol. 0mg • sod. 413mg
• calc. 12mg • fiber 3g
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper. Place peppers and garlic on prepared baking pan.
2. Roast peppers and garlic in oven for 20 minutes. Remove the garlic cloves and place in a small heatproof bowl. Return tray to oven and continue roasting peppers for an additional 30 minutes, flipping a few times so peppers are evenly charred.
3. Once peppers are charred all over, place them in the bowl with the garlic and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Allow peppers to cool and steam at least 30 minutes, so that their skins become loose. Once cool, peel the skins off the peppers and garlic.
4. Put the vinegar, peppers, garlic, and salt in the blender jar. Blend on Low about 10 seconds, until processed. With the blender still running on Low, carefully remove the measured pour lid and slowly pour in the hot broth. Blend until smooth, about 20 seconds. For a thinner sauce, pour in more hot broth.
5. Serve over meat, chicken, fish or roasted vegetables.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!