Ketchup (Slider Topping)Cuisinart Original Recipe
1 garlic clove
½ medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, juices drained
1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
½ cup packed dark brown sugar
¹∕ ³ cup cider vinegar
¾ teaspoon sea or kosher salt
½ teaspoon dry mustard
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
pinch freshly ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon ground all-spice
1. Put the garlic and the onion into the work bowl of a Cuisinart® Food Processor fitted with the chopping blade. Pulse 2 times and then process until finely chopped.
2. Heat the oil in a medium skillet set over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and onion. Sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
3. While vegetables are sautéing, add the remaining ingredients to the work bowl of the food processor.
4. Add the sautéed vegetables back into the work bowl of the food processor with the other ingredients. Pulse 2 to 3 times, and then process about 45 seconds, or until mixture begins to thicken and is completely smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning accordingly.
ServingsMakes about 2 cups
Nutritional information per serving (1 tablespoon):
Calories 20 (10% from fat) • carb. 5g • pro. 0g • fat 0g • sat. fat 0g
• chol. 0mg • sod. 85mg • calc. 5mg • fiber 0g
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!