Use this butter on anything from grilled steaks and burgers, to toasted bagels or crostini. It is even perfect on a bowl of plain pasta.
Makes ½ cup (8 tablespoons)
2 scallions, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces (green and white parts)
8 tablespoons good quality butter (european style), room temperature and cut into 4 pieces
pinch kosher salt pinch freshly ground
Nutritional information per serving (1 tablespoon): Calories 103 (99% from fat) • carb. 0g • pro. 0g • fat 11g
- sat. fat 7g • chol. 30mg • sod. 18mg • calc. 3mg • fiber 0g
Active Time: 2 minutes
Inactive Time: 15 to 20 minutes (to bring butter to room temperature)
- Insert the chopping blade into the work bowl of the food processor.
- Process the scallions on High to chop, about 20 seconds.
- Scrape down sides of bowl if necessary, and then add the butter. Process again on High, scraping down as needed, for about 10 seconds.
- Add salt and pepper and process to incorporate, an additional 5 seconds. Taste and adjust seasonings accordingly.