Makes about ¾ cup
½ cup unsalted butter, cut in ½-inch pieces
1 large egg yolk
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon water
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon dry mustard
Nutritional information per serving (2 tablespoons):
Calories 162 (95% from fat) • carb. 1g • pro. 1g • fat 17g • sat. fat 10g chol. 132mg • sod. 194mg • calc. 11mg • fiber 0g
1. Put the butter in a small, microwaveable measuring cup or bowl.
Place in the Cuisinart® 3-in-1 Microwave AirFryer Plus. Select
Microwave, Butter Melt (A-3) preset, and press Start. When the cycle
is done, remove the butter and let cool slightly, 4 to 5 minutes.
2. Put the egg yolk, lemon juice, water, salt, and dry mustard in a
microwaveable bowl with a handle. Whisk until smooth. Whisk in
the melted, cooled butter until completely emulsified.
3. Place the bowl uncovered in the oven. Select Microwave, set the time
for 1 minute 30 seconds and power level to Medium High (7P), and
press Start. Pause to whisk briskly every 20 seconds. The mixture
will begin to thicken at the edges and resemble a soft custard. Cook
until the mixture thickens enough to coat a metal spoon, adding time
4. Serve warm with seafood, vegetables, or eggs. If not serving
immediately, cover with a round of waxed paper placed directly
on the sauce to prevent a skin from forming.
5. To reheat, remove the waxed paper. Microwave for 2 minutes on
Medium Low (3P), stirring with a whisk after 1 minute of cooking
and again when cooking is completed.