Makes four cups of the best applesauce you ever tasted!
- 2 1/2 pounds apples, peeled, cored and cut into slices (about 5 large, firm apples)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (3 T. is enough unless a tart apple is used)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 cup apple cider (water will do in a pinch)
No nutrition information available
- Combine apples, brown sugar, cinnamon, cloves, and apple cider in a pressure cooker. Cover the cooker and lock into place. Select High Pressure, Time for 4 minutes, and press Start.
- Once the four minutes are up, let the cooker rest until the steam pressure has been released. With a wooden spoon, stir the apples and break up large chunks until you've achieved the desired consistency. Or, if you prefer a smoother applesauce, use a blender.