If you live in an area where you cannot purchase fresh green chile, it can be found frozen or you can use chopped green chile though the taste is not the same as fresh chile.
Herb butter recipe varies depending on preferred tastes of spices. Basic recipe, mix 1 c. softened butter with 2-3 tablespoons of mixed spices, ie: onion salt, parsley, garlic, paprika, etc. Refrigerate until ready to use.
• 8 slices of bacon
• 2 slices of monterey jack cheese with jalapenos
• 4 strips of cooked chile (sandia or big Jim, depending on chile level preference)
• 4 slices of tomato
• 2 slices of lettuce
• 4 slices of bread grilled with herb butter
• Avocado sliced into short strips seasoned with salt and onion salt
• 1/4 cup of chopped pecans
• 1/4 c. green onions, chopped
No nutrition information available
1. Cook bacon and drain on paper towels
2. Grill bread. Once one side has been toasted, place slice of cheese to melt and once melted, sprinkle pecans and press into cheese.
3. Once bread has been grilled, assemble sandwich.
4. Layer bacon, tomato, lettuce, chile, avocado and green onion. Top with other grilled bread and serve immediately.
5. For an extra indulgent sandwich, add a fried egg, if desired.