My Rockin Reggae Grilled Cheese is inspired by the Caribbean. Jamaican jerk roasted turkey breast, pineapple, red bell pepper and mozzarella are grilled between crusty bread spread with scallion butter. The spicy, sweet and creamy combination of tropical flavors are delicious in this hot sandwich!
• 2 tablespoons softened butter
• 1 tablespoon chopped scallion
• 4 slices crusty white bread
• 4 ounces light mozzarella cheese, sliced
• 4 slices deli jerk roasted turkey breast
• 2 tablespoons chopped red bell pepper
• 4 tablespoons chopped fresh pineapple
No nutrition information available
1. Preheat Cuisinart Griddler (or electric tabletop grill) on high.
2. In a small bowl, mix softened butter and chopped scallion. Spread scallion butter evenly on one side of each bread slice.
3. Place half of the cheese slices onto two slices of bread, buttered side down.
4. Layer with jerk turkey breast slices, red bell pepper, pineapple, and then remaining cheese.
5. Top each sandwich with remaining bread, buttered side up.
6. Place sandwiches on grill and close cover. Grill until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown, about 7 minutes, pressing cover down slightly twice in between.
7. Slice each sandwich in two and serve immediately.