This recipe can be easily elevated by adding ingredients of your choice.
My favorite is balsamic salt gently sprinkled on the outside of the bread before cooking.
1/4 kosher salt
1 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
Blend in food processor, then dry overnight on a sheet pan.
Store in a tightly covered container with some uncooked rice.
• 3 thick sliced portabella mushrooms
• 2 cloves of garlic minced
• ¼ c. worstershire sauce with ¼ c. olive oil whisked
• large sweet carmelized onion
• 4 slices of provalone cheese
• ciabatta roll, or focaccia bread
• good olive oil
No nutrition information available
1. marinate mushrooms in worstershire/olive oil blend and minced garlic for 45 minutes. Turn mushrooms several times.
2. Gently grill musrooms on Griddler
3. Slice the roll or bread in half. Compose the sandwich with the provalone cheese on each side of bread with the mushrooms and onions in the middle
4. Brush a small amount of olive oil on the outside of theroll or bread
5. Grill on preheated Griddler untill lightly browned and cheese is melted