Using fruit in a sandwich is unusual but especially a grilled sandwich. We love the flavor combination and the crunch provided by the toasted bread with sesame seeds. This is a must try for grilled cheese lovers as well as ham lovers.
• 14 slices Italian bread with sesame seeds
• 5 slices large slices of honey baked ham cut into thirds
• 4 slices of American cheese cut into halves
• 1 triangular stick of fresh pineapple, cored and thinly sliced into 21 pieces
• 2 tablespoons butter
• canola cooking oil spray
No nutrition information available
1. Spray a frying pan with oil and melt butter in it over medium heat.
2. Lightly toast bread and lay out 7 slices into the frying pan.
3. Layer 2 slices of the cut ham, a ½ slice of the cheese and three pieces of the pineapple onto each slice of bread and top with the second slice of bread. Put a lid on the pan.
4. Cook for approximately 3 minutes before checking the underside which should be completely toasted prior to flipping the sandwich. Once both sides have been toasted, the cheese should be completely melted and heated through, the sandwich is ready to serve.