• 1 T. balsamic vinegar
• 1/4 t. honey
• 1/2 t. fresh rosemary
• 4 T. butter, softened
• season with salt and fresh ground pepper
• 8 slices whole grain bread
• 8 oz. goat cheese
• 1 c. shredded mozzarella
• 1 small shallot, chopped fine
No nutrition information available
1. Make the butter. Mix balsamic, honey, rosemary, butter and salt and pepper. Let set at room temperature for at least 20 minutes. Stir before using.
2. Slather one side of each slice of bread with the balsamic butter. Heat a skillet to medium-high. Place two bread slices, buttered side down, in the hot pan.
3. Divide the goat cheese between four slices of bread. Divide the chopped shallots evenly and sprinkle them on the goat cheese topped slices. Sprinkle 1/4 c. of the mozzarella on each sandwich. Top with the the other bread slice.
4. Grill for about 4-5 minutes or until bread is toasted and cheese has started to melt. Carefully turn and toast the other side.
5. Most excellent served with tomato soup.