• 1⁄4 cup basil, leaves, packed
• 1⁄4 cup cilantro, leaves, packed
• 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
• 1 lemon zest
• 1 Tbsp ginger root, finely chopped or grated
• 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil (or canola oil)
• 1 medium garlic clove, finely chopped
• 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground (or to taste)
• 1 cup shredded carrot, finely grated
• 2 sprays cooking spray
• 1 lb. uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s), four 4 oz pieces
• 4 large hamburger buns
• 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
No nutrition information available
1. In a mini chopper or food processor, combine basil, cilantro, lime juice, lemon zest, ginger, oil, garlic, salt and pepper; pulse until smooth. Spoon sauce in a small bowl and add carrots; toss to combine and set aside.
2. Coat a grill or grill pan with cooking spray; preheat to medium-high.
3. Pound chicken until ¼-inch thick. Place chicken on grill and cook until browned and cooked through, flipping once, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
4. Place 1 piece of chicken on bottom half of a roll; top with ¼ cup carrot mixture, ¼ of cucumber slices and a bun top. Repeat with remaining ingredients and serve.
5. Serving: 4 sandwiches