Delectable Fig, Pancetta and Egg Sandwich sprinkled with Fresh Arugula with a touch of Dijon Mustard and Figgy Sweetness
4 Slices Sourdough Bread
1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
1T Fresh Oregano
1T Fresh Basil
4 Eggs - 2 for egg wash and 2 for sandwich
Salt and Pepper
3 oz Pancetta Sliced Thin
2 T Dijon Mustard
1 Cup Arugula
2 T Fig Jam (seedless)
No nutrition information available
1. Prepare Egg Wash in a shallow bowl
2. Combine Grated Parmesan with Fresh Herbs, Salt and Pepper, to taste
3. Dredge Bread in Egg Bath then one side in Parmesan Mixture
4. Heat frying pan or griddle over medium heat and fry egg sunny side up until done to your liking.
5. Remove eggs from pan/griddle and keep warm
6. Heat frying pan/griddle over medium high heat add a tablespoon of butter and when hot place dredged bread parmesan side down into pan.
7. Fry bread until parmesan has browned. Then Flip and fry other side of bread until a little brown
8. Remove bread from Pan and spread a light layer of Dijon mustard and fig jam on the sides of the bread without the cheese.
10. Fry pancetta with a little butter until slightly browned
11. Build sandwich with Parmesan side out.... Layer Pancetta, Egg and then a sprinkling of Arugula.
11. Top with second slice of Parmesan bread (cheese side out).
12. Cut and serve.