• 2 chicken breasts
• 1 loaf french bread
• Spicy brown mustard
• 4 slices cheese (swiss, provolone, or sharp cheddar)
• 2 plum tomatoes
• 1 small avocado, pitted, peeled
• ¼ cup ranch dressing (from a bottle)
• ½ pound thickly-sliced bacon
• ⅛ cup packed brown sugar
• 1 tablespoon maple syrup
• 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
• cracked black pepper from a pepper mill to taste (optional)
No nutrition information available
1. Avocado ranch dressing: Mash the avocado. Add ranch dressing and blend with hand mixer until smooth. Set aside
2. Candied bacon: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a a 13" x 9" sheet pan with tinfoil (for easier clean up). Place a wire cookie rack over the sheet pan and layout the strips of bacon in one layer. The bacon strips should not overlap each other. Mix the brown sugar, maple syrup and rice vinegar together. After 10 minutes, remove the bacon from the oven. Using a basting brush, brush the brown sugar mixture on both sides. Put the bacon back in the oven and repeat three times. The third time (25 minutes), after brushing on the brown sugar mixture, use pepper mill to lightly sprinkle cracked black pepper onto the bacon (optional). The bacon is done after 30 minutes. Allow to cool.
3. To prepare the chicken: Cut in half lengthwise )if the breasts are thick, pound to uniform thickness,½"-¾"). Fry the chicken in oil and set aside to cool. When the chicken is cool, cut into thin strips.
4. To make the sandwich: Spread one side of each bread slice with butter. Place one bread slices with buttered sides down on the panini grill; , spread spicy brown mustard, then top with the turkey, cheese, tomatoes, bacon, and then spread the avocado mixture on the bottom of the top slice (the top has already been spread with butter). Cook on panini grill until the bread is golden brown and the cheese is melted. If you do not have a panini press, you can use cast iron pans and place a cast iron pan on top of the sandwich, turning the sandwich over after 4-5 minutes to cook the other side.