The flavours of apple, bacon, Cheddar, Walnut, thyme and honey work wonderfully together... This is a great Toasted sandwich to serve during the cooler months...utilising new season autumn apples 🍁 🍎🍏
• 4 slices thick cut sour dough bread
• 2 tablespoon butter
• 1 apple cored & sliced, chargrilled
• 6 slices sharp cheddar cheese
• 2 rashers bacon diced & sauted till crisp
• 1tsbp crush walnuts
• 1tablespoon honey
• 1tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
No nutrition information available
1. Combine butter and crushed walnuts, butter the outside slices of bread with mixture
2. Layer inside each sandwich, Grilled apple slices, crispy bacon and cheddar cheese slices.
3. Place the sandwiches in sandwich press (Walnut buttered sides facing outwards) and cook approx 4 mins till golden and cheese starting to melt
4. Remove from heat, place on serving board, drizzle with honey and sprinkle with fresh thyme.... Enjoy!