Prepare this summertime favorite without heating up the kitchen! Use our recipe or our own favorite.
- 1 medium onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 rib celery, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 8 peppercorns
- 1 cup water or low sodium chicken broth/stock
- 3 pounds chicken breast halves, bone in, skin on
- ¾ cup lowfat mayonnaise – or more to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons curry powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups diced apples (1/2-inch dice) or 1 cup apples + 1 cup halved grapes
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion or shallot
Calories 381 (53% from fat ) • carb. 14g • pro. 32g • fat 23g • sat. fat 3g • chol. 83mg • sod. 364mg • calc. 91mg • fiber 4g
- Place onion, carrot, celery, and water or broth in Cooking Pot. Insert trivet/rack in Cooking Pot. Arrange chicken on rack. Cover and lock lid in place. Select High Pressure and set timer for 9 minutes. When audible beep sounds, use Natural Pressure Release for 10 minutes, then release any remaining pressure using Quick Pressure Release method. Transfer chicken to a bowl. Strain liquid and pour over chicken. Allow chicken to cool in cooking liquid.
- To prepare chicken salad, remove chicken from cooking liquid. (If chilled the liquid will have congealed – it has wonderful flavor, save for other recipes using chicken stock, it may be frozen.) Remove and discard skin and bones. Cut or tear the chicken into ½-inch pieces and reserve Place mayonnaise, curry powder, salt, and pepper in a large bowl and stir with a whisk. Add the apples (and grapes if using), celery, toasted almonds, and onions/shallots. Stir well. Add cut/shredded chicken and stir to combine. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!