A perfect mix of flavors, textures and colors, this is a great side dish or a delicious vegetarian entrée.
Functions: Soak & Beans
2 cooker cups (about ½ pound) dry white beans, soaked overnight*
Water (to the 4-level marking)
½ medium red onion, finely chopped
½ medium red bell pepper, finely chopped
¾ cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
1½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
½ teaspoon kosher salt
Pinch freshly ground black pepper
1 to 2 pinches crushed red pepper (optional)
3 tablespoons goat cheese, crumbled
Nutritional Information per serving (½ cup):
Calories 163 (19% from fat) • carb. 24g • pro. 10g
fat 4g • sat. fat 1g • chol. 1mg • sod. 162mg
calc. 105mg • fiber 6g
1. Put the drained beans and then add the fresh water into the cooking pot of the Cuisinart ® Rice and Grain Multicooker. Close lid.
2. Select the Beans function and set the timer for 1 hour and 30 minutes. Press Start/Stop.
3. Once the audible tone sounds to indicate the end of cooking, drain the beans and transfer to a large serving bowl. Add the remaining ingredients, except for the goat cheese, into the serving bowl. Toss to fully combine. Sprinkle with the goat cheese and gently stir to combine.
4. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
* Use the Soak pfunction to soak the white beans for a minimum of 8 hours and up to 18 hours. Drain and rinse prior to using in recipe.