Beet salads are most commonly roasted, but here we keep them raw. You get the same sweet flavor, but in a fraction of the time.
- 2 small golden beets, scrubbed
- 2 small red beets, scrubbed
- 1½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon crumbled goat cheese
- 2 large basil leaves, thinly sliced (chiffonade)
Nutritional information per serving (½ cup):
Calories 82 (64% from fat) • carb. 6g • pro. 2g • fat 6g sat. fat 1g • chol. 2mg • sod. 203mg • calc. 15mg • fiber 2g
1. Assemble the Cuisinart ® PrepExpress™ with the 3.0mm Shred/Spaghetti Cone and Straight Feed Tube. Spiralize the beets. Transfer to a shallow serving bowl.
2. Add the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Top with the goat cheese and basil. Serve immediately.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!