Makes 8 servings
½ recipe *Flaky Pie Crust*
1 medium Yukon Gold potato
½ fennel bulb
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon lemon zest
¼ cup diced speck (pancetta or bacon can also be used)
2 ounces goat cheese
Nutritional analysis per serving: Calories 168 (59% from fat) • carb. 13g • pro. 5g • fat 11g • sat. fat 7g • Col. 26mg • sod. 265mg • calc. 14mg • fiber 1g
1. Have *Flaky Pastry Dough* prepared and ready to roll out. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a sheet tray with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Insert the Slicing Disc Assembly, adjusted to 2mm. Secure the Food Processor Lid. Slice the potato on Speed 12.
3. Remove and reserve. Adjust Slicing Disc to 4mm. Slice the ½ fennel bulb on speed 12.
4. Toss the fennel gently with the reserved potatoes, 2 tablespoons olive oil, ¼ teaspoon each salt and lemon zest and ¼ cup diced speck or pancetta.
5. On a lightly dusted surface, roll flaky pastry dough into a 12-inch circle, about ⅛-inch thickness. Place dough on prepared sheet tray.
6. Arrange potato, fennel and speck mixture into the center of the dough.
7. Top with dollops of goat cheese. Fold dough over mixture, leaving the center exposed. Brush dough with egg wash.
8. Bake until vegetables are tender and tart is golden brown, about 45 minutes to 1 hour. Cool on tray at least 10 to 15 minutes before cutting and serving.