1 large red pepper
4 ounces fontina cheese
2 ounces mozzarella, well chilled
1 garlic clove
1 cup jarred, roasted red peppers, drained and patted dry, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 teaspoon olive oil
¾ cup ricotta
12 basil leaves
1 pound *Pizza Dough*
water, for sealing
olive oil, for brushing
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 498 (42% from fat) • carb. 52g • pro. 23g • fat 24g • sat. fat 12g • Col. 66mg • sod. 1149mg • calc. 335mg • fiber 7g
1. Insert the Dicing Disc Set. Secure Food Processor Lid.
2. Dice the red pepper using the medium feed tube on Speed 12.
3. Remove and reserve. Insert the Shredding Disc, adjusted to coarse shred.
4. Shred 4 ounces fontina and 2 ounces well-chilled mozzarella cheese.
5. Remove and reserve. Insert the Metal Chopping Blade. Add the garlic clove to the work bowl. Secure the Cooking Lid.
6. The processor is set to chop for 8 seconds on Speed 12.
7. Add a cup of jarred roasted peppers that have been patted dry and cut into 1-inch pieces. Pulse to evenly chop.
8. Replace the Metal Chopping Blade with the Stirring Paddle. Add the diced peppers and 1 teaspoon of olive oil to the work bowl.
9. The cooking time is set for 10 minutes at 275°F on Speed 2.
10. Stir the peppers together with the shredded fontina, mozzarella and ¾ cup ricotta. Tear the 12 basil leaves into small pieces and mix evenly into the filling.
11. To assemble: Preheat oven to Bake at 450°F with the rack in the middle position.
12. If available, place a baking stone in the oven to heat up. If not, sprinkle a baking tray with cornmeal.
13. Divide pizza dough into 4 pieces. On a lightly floured surface, roll or stretch the dough pieces into approximately 7 x 3½-inch-long ovals.
14. Fill the bottom half of the ovals with heaping ½ cup of firmly packed filling.
15. Brush the outer edges of the bottom dough half with water and pull the top half over to cover the filling.
16. With a fork, firmly press down around the dough edges to seal. Brush the calzones with oil.
17. If using a stone, transfer the calzones to the oven, and evenly place directly on the stone. Otherwise, place on prepared baking tray.
18. Bake calzones for 16 to18 minutes until well browned and filling is hot. Remove from oven with a pizza peel or large spatula and let rest for at least 5 minutes before serving.