Makes about 7 cups
3 pounds chicken bones
2 carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
2 celery stalks, cut into 2-inch pieces
1 onion, cut into 2 inch pieces
2 crushed garlic cloves
½ bunch fresh parsley
1 teaspoon black peppercorns
1 bay leaf
6 cups water
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 293 (61% from fat) • carb. 4g • pro. 24g • fat 19g • sat. fat 6g • Col. 117mg • sod. 122mg • calc. 39mg • fiber 1g
1. Add 3 pounds chicken bones, 2 each, carrots and celery, cut into 2-inch pieces, 1 onion cut into 2 inch pieces and 2 crushed garlic cloves, ½ bunch fresh parsley, 1 teaspoon black peppercorns, 1 bay leaf and 6 cups water to the work bowl. Secure the Cooking Lid with Steam Cap in place.
2. The cooking time is set for 20 minutes at 285°F with no speed.
3. An additional 60 minutes of time will be set at 205°F.
4. Strain the stock by saving the liquid and pressing out the solids to extract as much liquid as possible. Discard solids.
5. Cool stock and store in the refrigerator for up to a week or in the freezer for up to a month.
6. For a more concentrated stock, add additional time for simmering, up to 2 additional hours.