Makes about 3 cups
4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese
8 ounces raw chorizo, removed from casing
½ cup beer (ale or lager)
8 ounces (1 standard package) cream cheese, room temperature and cut into 2-inch pieces
⅓ cup salsa (any flavor or heat variety)
Nutritional information per serving (¼ cup): Calories 187 (79% from fat) • Carb 2g • pro. 8g • fat 16g • sat.fat 8g • Col. 46mg • sod. 442mg • calc. 87mg • fiber 0g
1. Insert the Shredding Disc Assembly adjusted to fine shred. Secure the Food Processor Lid.
2. Shred 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese on Speed 12.
3. Remove and reserve. Replace the Shredding Disc Assembly with the Metal Chopping Blade and add 8 ounces raw chorizo with casings discarded.
4. Secure the Cooking Lid with Steam Cap removed. The cooking time is set for 15 minutes at 250°F on Speed 2 to completely cook the chorizo.
5. Add ½ cup beer, 8 ounces room temperature cream cheese, cut into 2-inch pieces and ⅓ cup prepared salsa.
6. The cooking time is set for 10 minutes at 185°F on Speed 3. Halfway through cooking, add the reserved cheese 1 tablespoon at a time.
7. Mixture should be smooth, warm and well mixed.
8. Taste and adjust seasoning according to preference. Serve immediately.