Makes 10 to 12 servings
Spiced Pecan Crust:
Nonstick cooking spray
¾ cup pecans halves
¼ cup unsalted butter
2 sheets graham crackers, broken up
3 tablespoons light brown sugar
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
½ teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups (one 15-ounce can) pumpkin
⅔ cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon ground ginger
⅛ teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
3 large eggs
1 cup evaporated milk or half-and-half
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Nutritional information per serving (based on 12 servings): Calories 197 (51% from fat) • carb. 21g • pro. 4g • fat 12g • sat. fat 4g • Col. 60mg
• sod. 309mg • calc. 41mg • fiber 3g
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly coat a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray. Reserve.
2. Insert Metal Chopping Blade. Add ¾ cup halved pecans to the work bowl. The cooking time is set for 5 minutes at 200°F on Speed 4 to toast.
3. Remove and reserve. Add ¼ cup unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons. Secure the Cooking Lid with Steam Cap removed. The cooking time is set for 3 minutes at 160°F on Speed 1.
4. Add reserved toasted pecans, 2 graham crackers sheets, broken up, 3 tablespoons light brown sugar, 1 tablespoon sugar, ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon and ¼ teaspoon salt to the work bowl.
5. Secure the Cooking Lid with Steam Cap in place. Pulse to evenly chop, about 6 pulses.
6. Add ½ teaspoon vanilla extract through the Steam Vent. The processor is set to blend for 1 minute on Speed 12.
7. Press crust ingredients evenly into prepared pie plate. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Wipe out work bowl.
8. While the pie crust is baking, prepare the pie filling. When crust is finished baking, reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
9. Insert the Whisk. Add 2 cups canned pumpkin, ⅔ cup light brown sugar, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon ground ginger, ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg,
10. 3 large eggs, 1 cup evaporated milk OR half and half and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract all to the work bowl.
11. Secure the Cooking Lid. The processor is set to Whisk for 1 minute on Speed 6.
12. Pour the filling into the warm pie crust; bake for about 45 minutes, or until the pie filling is just set. Cool on a wire rack before serving.