Grilled PB and Banana PaniniCuisinart Original Recipe
This sandwich was made famous by Elvis. You can use all natural peanut butter, our preference, but you may want to increase the amount of honey to make it a bit sweeter."
4 slices white or whole-wheat sandwich bread
2 teaspoons unsalted butter, softened
2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
pinch kosher salt
1 teaspoon honey (use about 2 teaspoons if using unsweetened/natural peanut butter)
1 large banana, sliced into thin rounds
1. Preheat grill in the closed position. Brush one side of each slice of bread with the butter. Lay 2 slices of bread on a work surface, buttered side down. Top the two slices evenly with the peanut butter, salt and honey. Then layer the banana slices evenly on each. Top with remaining bread, buttered side up.
2. Place sandwiches on the bottom grill plate and close. Grill panini for 2 to 2½ minutes, or until lightly toasted.
3. Let rest for 1 minute . Cut in half on the diagonal and serve warm.
ServingsMakes 2 panini
Nutritional information per panini:
Calories 429 (30% from fat) • carb. 63g
• pro. 15g • fat 15g • sat. fat 4g • chol. 10mg
• sod. 547mg • calc. 313mg • fiber 9g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products:
Griddler® Grill & Panini Press
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!