Makes about 6 popovers.
1 cup unbleached, all-purpose flour
1 cup whole milk
3 large eggs
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
½ teaspoon salt
Butter or nonstick spray to grease
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 177 (47% from fat) • carb. 17g • pro. 6g • fat 9g • sat. fat 5g • Col. 112mg • sod. 243mg • calc. 60mg • fiber 0g
1. Insert Metal Chopping Blade. Add 1 cup each all-purpose flour and whole milk, 3 large eggs, 3 tablespoons melted butter and 1 teaspoon salt to the work bowl.
2. Secure the Cooking Lid. The processor is set to blend for 30 seconds on Speed 12 until completely smooth.
3. Transfer to a large measuring cup and allow to rest at room temperature for 30 to 45 minutes.
4. While resting, preheat oven to 450°F (use convection bake if available).
5. Heavily butter or coat with nonstick cooking spray, six 5-ounce ramekins or popover tray and place evenly on a baking sheet.
6. Once the batter has rested, fill each ramekin or popover cup about ½ or ⅔ of the way full.
7. Place in oven and bake for 35 minutes, or until very deeply browned and puffed. Don't open oven door while popovers are baking or they may deflate.
8. Remove from oven and carefully remove popovers from ramekins or tray. Pierce each with a tip of a paring knife. Serve immediately.