Makes one 12-inch pizza
½ recipe *Pizza Dough*
8 ounces mozzarella, well chilled
2 ounces Parmesan
1 medium garlic clove
1½ cups ricotta
Pinch kosher or sea salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Yellow cornmeal for dusting
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
8 fresh basil leaves, washed and dried
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 310 (46% from fat) • carb. 26g • pro. 17g • fat 16g • sat. fat 9g • Col. 44mg • sod. 551mg • calc. 349mg • fiber 1g
1. Prepare the *pizza dough* and allow to rise. Position an oven rack about 8 inches from the top. If using a baking stone, place it directly on the rack.
2. Preheat the oven to 450°F for at least 30 minutes.
3. Insert the Shredding Disc Assembly adjusted to coarse shred. Secure the Food Processor Lid.
4. Shred 8 ounces, well-chilled mozzarella on Speed 12.
5. Reverse shredding disc to the fine shred.
6. Shred 2 ounces Parmesan on Speed 12.
7. Remove cheese and reserve. Insert the Metal Chopping Blade. Add the garlic clove to the work bowl.
8. The processor is set to chop for 8 seconds on Speed 12.
9. Add 1½ cups ricotta with pinch of salt, and ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper to the work bowl.
10. Pulse to incorporate ingredients.
11. Once the pizza dough has risen, punch down and let rest for 10 minutes. On a lightly floured work surface, roll the dough out to a 12-inch round.
12. Place on a perforated pizza pan or a greased pizza screen or baking sheet.
13. If using a baking stone, prepare on a pizza peel or baking sheet without sides that has been well sprinkled with cornmeal.
14. Brush pizza with tablespoon of olive oil. Dollop the ricotta mixture evenly in the center of the dough, leaving a 1-inch border on the edge. Sprinkle evenly with reserved cheese.
15. Bake in preheated oven until crust is golden and crispy and cheese is melted, about 10 to 15 minutes. Rotate halfway through cook time for even baking.
16. Remove from the oven and tear 8 basil leaves to sprinkle evenly on the pizza.