Makes about 4 cups
¼ small head red cabbage
½ pineapple, core removed
1 chipotle, finely chopped
2 pounds pork shoulder or butt, cut into 2-inch chunks
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon ground cumin
3 garlic cloves, smashed
1 cinnamon stick
¾ cup pineapple juice
¼ cup water
⅓ cup ketchup
Cilantro, roughly chopped
Nutritional information per serving (¼ cup): Calories 187 (64% from fat) • carb. 5g • pro. 12g • fat 14g • sat. fat 5g • Col. 44mg • sod. 498mg • calc. 7mg • fiber 0g
1. Insert the Slicing Disc Assembly adjusted to 3mm. Secure the Food Processor Lid. Slice the ¼ small head cabbage on Speed 12.
2. Slice 4 radishes on Speed 12.
3. Remove and reserve separately. Insert the Dicing Assembly. Secure Food Processor Lid. Dice the pineapple on Speed 12.
4. Remove and reserve. Wipe out the bowl. Insert Metal Chopping Blade. Add 1 chipotle pepper. Secure Cooking Lid with Steam Cap in place.
5. The processor is set for 5 seconds on Speed 12.
6. Season 2 pounds pork, cut into 1-inch pieces with a teaspoon each salt and chili powder and ½ teaspoon cumin. Toss together to evenly coat.
7. Remove Metal Chopping Blade. Add prepared pork to the work bowl with the 3 smashed garlic cloves, cinnamon stick, ¾ cup pineapple juice, ¼ cup water, and ⅓ cup ketchup.
8. Stir ingredients with spatula to coat. Secure the Cooking Lid with Steam Cap in place. The cooking time is set for 4 hours on 205°F with no speed.
9. Remove the pork and shred once cool. Stir in some of the remaining sauce for extra flavor.
10. Serve as tacos topped with the prepared cabbage, pineapple, radish, cilantro and lime.