With subtle flavor, you’ll be surprised that this pasta is made from more than half whole wheat flour.
1½ pounds of dough/8 servings
- 5 large eggs
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup "00" flour
- ½ cup semolina flour
Nutritional analysis per serving (3 ounces): Calories 232 (15% from fat)
- carb. 40g • pro. 11g • fat 4g
sat. fat 1g • chol. 116mg • sod. 45mg • calc. 28mg • fiber 4g
- Put all of the ingredients, in the order listed, into the Cuisinart® mixing bowl. Attach the dough hook and mix on Speed 4 to combine.
- Allow to mix until dough mostly comes together, about 4 to 6 minutes. At about 5 minutes of mixing, check the texture.
- If it is too dry, add water one tablespoon at a time; alternatively, if it is too wet, add the “00” flour one tablespoon at a time to desired consistency. Keep in mind, this dough won’t resemble a smooth ball, it will only just come together in large chunks with some possible smaller bits to knead in by hand. Should any flour or loose dry bits be left behind at the bottom of the bowl, leave them there and do not incorporate into final dough.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured surface and knead all dough together into a ball by hand until smooth and it springs back to the touch, about 2 minutes.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and let rest at least 20 minutes before using. Pasta dough can be made and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.