This dish is healthy, filling and uses no dairy products!
1 cup raw pine nuts
1 small garlic clove
½ cup basil leaves
1 small/medium red bell pepper, cored and chopped into quarters
2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil plus ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil when blending
⅛ Teaspoon cayenne pepper
Sea salt to taste
No nutrition information available
1. Add pine nuts and garlic with 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil to frying pan, toast on low heat for 3 minutes
2. Transfer to Cuisinart food processor, set aside
3. Place red peppers and cayenne pepper in frying pan with 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil and saute’ for 5-7 minutes on medium heat
4. Transfer to food processor, then add basil leaves, ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil and sea salt to taste
5. Blend on high until creamy consistency
6. Serve over pasta!