This is an easy way to get vegetables and healthy protein in a meal. Takes about 15 minutes to make too!
1/2 cup raw pine nuts
1 small garlic clove
1/2 cup basil leaves
1 small/medium red bell pepper, cored and chopped into quarters
2 Tablespoons EVOO plus 1/4 cup EVOO when blending
1/8 Teaspoon cayenne pepper
Sea salt to taste
No nutrition information available
1. Add pine nuts and garlic with 1 Tablespoon EVOO to frying pan, toast on low heat for 3 minutes
2. Transfer to Cuisinart food processor, set aside
3. Place red peppers and cayenne pepper in frying pan with 1 Tablespoon EVOO and saute’ for 5-7 minutes on medium heat
4. Transfer to food processor, then add basil leaves, 1/4 cup EVOO and sea salt to taste
5. Blend on high until creamy consistency
6. Serve over cooked pasta!