The combination of “00” and semolina flours gives this dough the perfect bite when cooked, compared to traditional pasta dough made with just “00” flour.
Makes about 12 ounces of dough
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons, plus 1 teaspoon water
1¼ cups “00” flour
⅔ cup semolina flour
Nutritional information per serving (2 ounces): Calories 189 (10% from fat) • carb. 36g • pro. 7g fat 2g • sat. fat 1g • chol. 62mg • sod. 25mg calc. 14mg • fiber 1g
- Put all ingredients, in the order listed, into the Cuisinart® mixing bowl. Attach the dough hook and mix on Speed 5 to combine, about 1 minute.
- Mix until dough mostly comes together and then continue mixing to knead, about 5 minutes, and check the texture. If too dry, add water one teaspoon at a time to desired consistency; alternatively, if the dough is too wet, add “00” flour one teaspoon at a time.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured surface and, by hand, knead all dough together into a ball until it’s smooth and springs back to the touch, about 2 minutes.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and let rest at room temperature, at least 20 minutes, before using. Pasta dough can be made and stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- For best results, use the Cuisinart® Pasta Roller and Cutter to make the perfect lasagna sheets, pappardelle, linguine or spaghetti.