I find the colors very pleasing to the eyes. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do in our family!
- 1lb Penne Pasta
- ½ cup of pasta water, reserved
- 1 tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ lb of Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1 shallot, diced (about ¼ cup)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1lb of asparagus, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 5 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup of jsun dried tomatoes, julienned
- ¼ cup of white white (or substitute chicken stock
- ¾ cup of Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 4 tablespoons of basil, chopped (or substitute parsley
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
No nutrition information available
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook pasta according to package. Reserve ½ cup of pasta water.
- Over medium heat, add olive oil to saute pan. Add sausage and with your spoon break into small chunks. When cooked, remove sausage to a different bowl. Remove extra oil from pan so that you only have about 2 TBSP.
- Add mushrooms to the pan, season with salt and pepper. Sauté for about 5 minutes. Then add garlic, shallots, asparagus and sun dried tomatoes. Cook for another 5 minutes until mushrooms and asparagus are cooked. Add white wine or chicken stock to deglaze pan. Return sausage to pan with vegetables. Mix to combine. Add cooked pasta. Mix to combine. If pasta looks to dry, add some of your reserved pasta water, a little at a time, not all at once.
- When ready to serve, add ½ cup of Parmesan cheese, herbs, and toss to combine. Plate and then garnish with extra Parmesan cheese and fresh ground pepper.