This lasagna is really so good and it will melt in your mouth. This recipie is very flavorful with a spicey twist, and if you like Cheese, you will absolutely love this lasagna recipie. I took an Italian favorite and added a dash of "spicey latino" to it, and it is mouth-watering good. Not to mention it is made with ground Turkey, but you wont be able to tell it is not with beef.
1-1/2 lbs Fresh Ground Lean Turkey
1 Packet of Taco Seasoning
1 cup of salsa
11/4 tsp olive oil
2 boxes (no boil) lasagna noodles
1 medium-large green pepper (finely chopped)
1 medium-large onion (finely chopped)
4 bulbs of fresh garlic (finely chopped)
¼ cup fresh ground oregano
½ cup Italian seasoning
¼ cup fresh Rosemary (chopped)
1 tsp low sodium salt
1 tsp pepper
5 oz (half can) Rotel tomatoes
1 14.5 oz can petite diced tomatoes
3 jars (23.75 oz) jars of marinara sauce (or your favorite pasta sauce)
1 tub (regular size) Ricotta cheese
1 tbsp Goat cheese
1 package of Pepper Jack Cheese (slice and dice into small pieces—Monterey Jack Cheese with Jalapeno Peppers)
1 package shredded parmesan and Romano cheese
1 package shredded Mozzarella Cheese
2 cups Shredded Chihuahua Cheese
No nutrition information available
1. In a Skillet, brown the fresh ground beef; drain the grease.
2. Add the taco seasoning packet and salsa, and let simmer until well mixed; add your marinara sauce, let simmer, remove from heat, and set aside
3. In a separate skillet heat 1 ¼ tsp olive oil, add the diced onions, green peppers and garlic; let simmer until tender, then add the fresh oregano, Italian seasoning and diced rosemary, mix well, and set aside.
4. In a bowl, mix the ricotta cheese and goat cheese together; set aside.
5. In a baking dish appropriate for lasagna, begin by placing a layer of the ground turkey mixture in the baking dish. Next, spread a layer of the Ricotta/goat cheese mix over the meat. Then add a layer of the onion, green pepper garlic mixture. Then sprinkle a handful of each: shredded parmesan/Romano Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese, diced pepper jack cheese and Chihuahua Cheese.
Lastly, add your no bake lasagna noodles. Repeat this process Two more times continuing to layer all the ingrediants, ending the last layer with the handfuls of cheese and spreading the remaining pepperjack cheese on top.
Note: Bake the Lasagna at 325-335 degrees for the next 45-50 muinutes. Upon removal from the oven; let stand for about 20 minutes and serve. For an added treat; top with a tablespoon of sour cream. This is oh so delicious. It melts in your mouth!