- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 8 ounces fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut in 1/2-inch pieces, tips reserved
- 2 green onions, trimmed, cut in 1/8-inch pieces
- 4 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced, cut in 1/4-inch slivers
- 8 ounces capellini, or other very thin pasta, cooked according to package instructions, drained and cooled
- 18 large eggs, beaten
- 8 ounces lowfat mozzarella, cut in 1/4-inch dice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon *Tabasco®
- 1 can (14 ounce) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
*Tabasco® is a registered trademark owned by the McIlhenny Co
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 278 (48% from fat) • carb. 15g • pro. 20g • fat 14g • sat. fat 6g • chol. 354mg • sod. 548mg • calc. 246mg • fiber 1g
- Preheat Cuisinart™ Electric Skillet to 400°; add 1/2 cup water with 1/4 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil. Add asparagus tips, cover and steam until crisp tender, about 1-1/2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and reserve for garnish. Add remaining asparagus, cover and steam for 1 minute. Add green onions, steam 1 minute and transfer to a medium size bowl. Add prosciutto to the Skillet; stir until frizzled and slightly browned, and all water has evaporated. Remove and reserve. Turn off heat.
- Combine cooked pasta with eggs; stir in mozzarella and cooled prosciutto. Add basil, thyme, remaining 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, and Tabasco®. Combine diced tomatoes and sun-dried tomatoes with the cooked asparagus pieces and green onions; reserve. Pour half of the egg/pasta mixture into Skillet; smooth with the back of a spoon. Make a layer of the tomatoes and asparagus, and cover with the remaining egg and pasta mixture. Sprinkle top with grated Parmesan cheese and garnish with the asparagus tips.
- Set temperature to 200°F, cover, and cook until top looks solid and edges are slightly browned, about 60-70 minutes. Cut into 12 wedges and serve warm or at room temperature.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!