Need we say more??!!
1 pound elbow macaroni
½ cup unsalted butter
6 tablespoons unbleached, all-purpose flour
6 cups whole milk
4 ounces Cheddar cheese, shredded
4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
¾ teaspoon kosher salt
Dash hot sauce
1 to 2 cups toasted breadcrumbs
Nutritional information per serving (based on 15 servings):
Calories 204 (54% from fat) • carb. 15g pro. 8g • fat 12g • sat. fat 7g • chol. 38mg sod. 159mg • calc. 204mg • fiber 1g
1. Cook macaroni according to manufacturer’s instructions. Drain pasta
and rinse under cold water. Toss with some oil to prevent sticking.
2. Assemble the Cuisinart® Stack5 with the baking pan and select 350°F. Add the butter to the pan.
3. Once the butter is melted, stir in the flour with a nonstick whisk until smooth. Continue to cook while occasionally stirring, for about 2 minutes.
4. Continue whisking and slowly pour the milk into the butter/flour mixture. Turn heat up slightly and stir mixture occasionally, to evenly heat. Once mixture comes to a boil, reduce the heat to maintain a simmer for about 2 minutes.
5. Keep stirring until the mixture becomes very thick. When thick, stir in the shredded cheeses to the mixture. Once all the cheese has been added, stir sauce well until homogenous. Stir in salt, hot sauce, and then the macaroni.
6. Turn the temperature to 300°F and cover. Cook for about 35 minutes.
7. Sprinkle the toasted breadcrumbs over the top before serving.