Herb Purée (makes about ½ cup purée):
- 3/4 cups tightly packed basil
- 3/4 cup fresh parsley(leaves only)
- 1 teaspoons fresh oregano or marjoram leaves
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoons ice water
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup herb purée 2½ cups “00” flour
- 2⁄3 cup semolina flour
Nutritional analysis per serving (3 ounces): Calories 234 (20% from fat) • carb. 38g • pro. 9g • fat 5g • sat. fat 38g • chol. 93mg • sod. 39mg • calc. 35mg • fiber 1g
- Put all herbs, olive oil and ice water into a food processor or blender and process on High until mostly smooth and homogenous, about 2 to 3 minutes. Reserve.
- Put eggs and herb purée into the bowl of the Cuisinart® Stand Mixer. Attach the dough hook and mix on Speed 6 until eggs are beaten and mixture is combined, about 2 minutes. Stop stand mixer and add in both flours. Continue mixing on Speed 6 to combine, about 1 minute.
- Reduce speed to 4 and mix until dough mostly comes together, about 4 to 6 minutes. At about 5 minutes of mixing, check the texture. If it is too dry, add water one tablespoon at a time; alternatively, if it is too wet, add the “00” flour one tablespoon at a time to desired consistency. Keep in mind, this dough won’t resemble a smooth ball, it will only just come together in large chunks with some possible smaller bits to knead in by hand. Should any flour or loose dry bits be left behind at the bottom of the bowl, leave them there and do not incorporate into final dough.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured surface and knead all dough together into a ball by hand until smooth and it springs back to the touch, about 2 minutes.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and let rest at least 20 minutes before using. Pasta dough can be made and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To roll, follow instructions on page 5-6 in the manual.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!