The combination of "00" and semolina flour gives this dough the perfect bite when cooked.
Makes about 1½ pounds of dough
2½ cups "00" flour
⅔ cup semolina flour
5 large eggs
Nutritional analysis per serving (based on 6 servings): Calories 287 (12% from fat) • carb. 51g • pro. 12g • fat 4g • sat. fat 1g • Col. 179mg • sod. 55mg • calc. 17mg • fiber 1g
1. Insert Dough Blade. Add 2½ cups "00" flour and ⅔ cup semolina flour to the work bowl.
2. Secure the Cooking Lid. Process ingredients to sift for 15 seconds on Speed 6.
3. With the machine running on Speed 10, add the 5 eggs, one at a time, through the Steam Vent. Process until a dough ball forms, about 2 minutes.
4. Once the dough ball forms, continue to run for about 45 seconds to knead.
5. Transfer dough to a lightly floured surface and, with your hands, knead dough together until smooth and springs back to the touch.
6. Wrap in plastic wrap and let rest for at least 20 minutes, before using. Pasta dough can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to a month.