- 2 pounds ground beef round or chuck (freshly ground if possible)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 slices american cheese
- 6 hamburger buns, for serving
- lettuce, tomato, and red onion as desired
Nutritional information per burger: Calories 283 (54% from fat) • carb. 0g • pro. 31g • fat 16g • sat. fat 7g • chol. 101mg • sod. 549mg • calc. 42mg • f iber 0g
- Preheat Griddle.
- Working the ground chuck as little as possible, mix in a large bowl with the salt, pepper and garlic powder. Shape into 6 patties, about 4 inches in diameter. The best way to do this is to use a 4-inch round cookie cutter: Divide meat equally into six portions, put each into the cookie cutter and gently press to evenly fill. All burgers should be the same thickness for optimal results. Use your thumb to press a dimple into the center of each patty.
- When the griddle has preheated, add the burgers evenly spaced. Griddle them on both sides until desired internal temperature.
- Top with cheese and let it melt just a bit to stick to the burger.
- Remove burgers, top as desired and serve immediately.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!