Barbeque champion Chris Hart created this dish for Cuisinart BBQ using the Clermont Pellet Grill & Smoker. This is the ultimate smoky centerpiece for your Easter feast. The lamb leg is laquered with a bright herb wet rub celebrating the flavors of springtime.
2 springs fresh rosemary
6 fresh sage leaves
1 cup curly parsley loosely packed
3 cloves garlic
Zest of 1 lemon
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
½ cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons Kosher salt
1 tablespoon black pepper
8–10-pound boneless leg of lamb
No nutrition information available
- Roughly chop rosemary, sage, parsley, garlic.
- Add chopped herbs and garlic to a food processor along with zest and mustard. Pulse until combined.
- While food processor running slowly add oil to create a smooth paste.
- Unroll the lamb leg and place lamb fat side down on a cutting board.
- Trim all excess fat from interior of leg.
- Rub the rosemary wet rub mixture onto the interior of the lamb. Saving a ¼ cup for exterior.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Roll the leg back into a roast.
- Truss the leg of lamb using butcher’s twine.
- Season the exterior with salt and pepper.
- Set the smoker to 275°F.
- Place the lamb onto the smoker and insert a meat temperature probe into the thickest portion of the lamb.
- Smoke for about 2.5 hours until probe reads 135*.
- Rest for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Slice and serve.