3-4 pound corned-beef brisket
4 sprigs thyme
4 stalks parsley stems
3 each allspice or juniper berries, whole
6 each black peppercorn
2 clove garlic
6 large carrots, cut into thick rounds or chunks
3 small white onions, cut into wedges
2 large Yukon Gold potatoes cut into thick rounds
1 Savoy cabbage, discard outer leaves and cut into sixths
1 teaspoon strong Irish Mustard or spicy brown mustard (optional)
No nutrition information available
- Preheat pellet grill 550°F.
- In an oven-safe rimmed pan, wide pot, or Dutch oven; place brisket, spices and cover with cold water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower pellet grill to 350°F and simmer for two hours.
- Add carrots, onions, and cabbage to pellet grill and smoke for 10-15 minutes
- Add smoky vegetables to pot and simmer for an additional 2 hours, until meat and vegetables are tender.
- After one hour add mustard to pot.
- Slice brisket thinly, across the grain, and served on top of vegetables and drizzled with cooking liquid
- Have more mustard on the side for your guests and sop up with Irish soda bread!