Classic chocolate chip cookies get a great twist adding oatmeal for chewiness and subtle smokiness from the pellet grill.
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 cup sugar, granulated
2 each egg, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups flour, all purpose
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
2 cups old fashioned oats
2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips or chunks
No nutrition information available
- Set the pellet to 300°F.
- Cream butter and both sugars together until smooth.
- Whisk in eggs and vanilla extract until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and kosher salt. Whisk to combine.
- Fold dry ingredient mix into wet ingredient mix.
- Stir in old fashioned oats.
- Fold in chocolate chips until just combined.
- Portion dough into 1 tablespoon balls.
- Position on Cuisinart Non-stick Reusable Grilling Sheets approximately one inch apart.
- Cook 5 minutes, rotate and cook for another 5 -10 minutes to desired crispness.
- We prefer brown on sides and bottom while still soft and chewy.