Yields 2 cups of dip/mix.
• 1 bag of spinach, steamed or sautéed
• 1 bar of cream cheese, softened
• 2 cups of mozzarella cheese, shredded
• ½ cup of parmaseam cheese, grated
• Garlic powder
• ¼-½ cup of half and half
• Oven preheated to 375 degrees.
• Tortilla or Pita Chips for dipping and scooping!
• Optional: In addition to being a great dip, this recipe also works great as a filling for chicken breast or pastry pie crust!
No nutrition information available
1. Steam or sautée entire bag of spinach , any electric pot with a steam function will work great in a minute or two! Use a colander or strainer to remove the spinach and allow excess water to drip out. Set aside.
2. Using a hand mixer or stand mixer wth whisk attachment, mix the softened cream cheese. Slowly add a ¼ cup of half and half while mixing to slightly loosen the cream cheese.
3. Mix in ½ cup of Parmesan cheese and 1 ¾ cups of mozzarella (Set aside ¼ cup of mozzarella for later use) . Add 1teaspoon garlic powder and 1 teaspoon pepper and mix.
4. Place the spinach on the center of a cutting board. Use your hand or a spatula to press it down lightly crating a flattened patty like shape. It should still be a little soggy so don’t squish it down too hard, you don’t want to totally drain the excess liquid.
5. With a knife, cut lines ever ¼ inch horizontally. DO NOT MOVE THE SPINACH.
6. Repeat step 5 going vertically. You should now have a grid of small spinach squares.
7. Repeat step 5 cutting diagonally across. The spinach is pretty easy to cut through as it is wilted and wet.
8. Add spinach to the cheese mixture. It will begin to break apart and blend with the cheeses. If your mixture is still clumpy and thick after adding in the spinach you may add a splash of half and half to loose the mixture until it reaches the desired consistency.
9. Place your mixture into a 8” round non stick cake pan and top with the remaining shredded mozzarella.
10. Bake on 375 for 8-10 minutes or until the topping is completely melted.